Empowering Indigenous people and businesses through building Australian Infrastructure.
With seven offices located in six states and territories, Barpa has national coverage with full construction capability.
Barpa Pty Ltd is a standalone, majority Indigenous owned and operated Construction company, certified by Supply Nation.
Formed by the Federation of Victorian Traditional Owner Corporations and Cockram Construction, the partnership builds on the strengths of the two entities to offer an Indigenous solution for capital works projects across Australia through leveraging the depth and capabilities of Cockram Construction and the Federation’s connection to, and respect for, first nations nationally.
The Federation is a collective 7 Traditional Owner corporations, which are beneficially owned by over 4000 indigenous Australians, and Cockram is Australia’s oldest Building firm.
Barpa is committed to making a positive difference for Australia’s first people, we embed this commitment in every part of our business by;
– Ensuring Traditional Owner engagement activities happen pre and during projects,
– By providing employment and career development opportunities for Indigenous people directly in our company or through associated trade contractors,
– Actively pursuing and developing indigenous trade contractors,
– Utilising the Indigenous Business sector in our supply chain,
– Supporting indigenous youth in pursuing a career in construction,
– Sponsoring Indigenous sports teams and community events
– and, volunteering staff for indigenous community projects.
Experience and Capability;
We have extensive experience building at numerous Australian Defence bases, manufacturing facilities, retail outlets, commercial buildings, hospitals, educational facilities and sports/recreation facilities. We have developed a reputation for successful delivery of technically complex projects, and our people are renowned for their achievements in sectors including Defence, Health, Education, Telecommunications, Security, Research and Development, and Infrastructure.
Barpa’s highly skilled staff will ensure the success of challenging construction projects, such as:
* Complex projects with unique execution requirements
* Special purpose facilities or highly serviced buildings
* Commercial construction and facility fit-outs
* Miscellaneous construction works and repairs
* Building in operational and secure environments
* Phased/Staged work programs
* Regional and remote project work
* National and multi-site projects